The Peacock Mediterranean Grill is Austin Proper's ground floor restaurant and lobby bar, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as in-room dining. The menu is inspired by Mediterranean cuisine with food that is colorful, loosely plated, healthy and wholesome and geared towards sharing. In the lobby, the sprawling bar provides a full dining experience and offers a condensed food menu throughout the indoor and outdoor lounge areas. Overlooking views of Shoal Creek can be taken in from the Peacock's patio space and the private dining room balcony.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent record of kitchen and staff management. Applicants must be able to accurately and efficiently work full service shifts as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking.
* Run the line and ensuring quality service
* Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
* Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff's performance
* Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
* Prep work and maintenance of quality standards
* Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
* Communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and front of house staff
* 1+ years of experience as a Sous Chef in a full-service restaurant
* Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
* Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
* Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
* Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
* Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Salary: To be discussed
Experience: Minimum 1 years of experience