In every Indigo Road restaurant, we are committed to providing superior quality food and beverages with legendary service. Our team strives to be collaborative, compassionate, and demonstrate a strong work ethic with all of our co-workers. Internal hospitality is our priority; making sure the environment is one that is safe, fun and creative! We enjoy providing a daily pre-shift family meal in each restaurant where everyone can enjoy each other's company before the service begins. Our culinary teams use the freshest ingredients, work closely with local farmers and fisherman, and create recipes that are approachable, yet inventive! We deliver products that are made fresh daily and use whole animal butchery in order to ensure top quality meats. Our restaurants make fresh pastas and breads in-house daily and utilize wood fire cooking to create memorable meals. Indigo Road believes that our employees are key to our success and we love to promote from within!
The Indigo Road Restaurant Group offers benefits to all full-time employees that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance. We also offer Paid Time Off, a Home Loan Assistance Program, a Hospitality School Assistant Program, and meal discounts at our sister restaurants!
You have an eye for detail and work to ensure the guests food has a smooth transition between the kitchen and their table. As a food expeditor, you will ensure every dish that is sent out is divine to present and devour.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Act as the liaison between the kitchen and dining room staff; in a fast paced, stressful, high demand environment.
* Responsible for the flow of the food line by receiving orders from the servers and relaying the food orders to the kitchen staff
* Monitor progress of food orders to ensure the kitchen puts out the orders according to the ticket specifications
* Responsible for ensuring all side dishes match up on every plate before the server takes them to deliver
* Act as the last set of eyes to review all out going plates
* Ensures all food items are delivered in a timely fashion
* Works in a clean, organized, timely fashion
* Adhere and deliver the 14 elements of service received in training manual
* Comfort in handling guest relations complaints
* Adhere to all DHEC regulations for cleanliness and sanitation
* Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
* Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
* Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* At least one year of experience in F&B
* Be 18 years of age
* Must be comfortable with a Point of Sales computer system
* Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
* Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
* Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and restaurant employees
* Ability to model and act in accordance with The Indigo Road guiding principles
* Constant standing/walking
* Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water
* Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
* Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
* Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
* Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around the kitchen area
* Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
* Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, nor should it be construed as a contract. As with all positions at Indigo Road, employment is "at will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee or employer. That's means employment can be terminated by either party with or without notice and/or with or without cause.
Indigo Road is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, sex, ancestry, age, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, marital status, family responsibility, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, personal appearances, tobacco use, matriculation or political affiliation, genetic information or any protected veteran status. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.