NOW HIRING FOR SUMMER SAIL DATES! We are now offering SIGN ON and RETENTION BONUSES if you start by 6/30/21
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Bartender is primarily responsible for the preparation of alcoholic beverages, this may also include non-alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, coffee drinks, and other menu items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for performing work in a safe manner and following all safety rules.
* Responsible for the bar service and beverage sales in and outside the respective bar or other work area
* Ensure all guests in all service areas (bar, cocktail, dining rooms) receive prompt and full service
* Prior to service, walks through to ensure all tables and bar areas are clean and ready for service
* Present a clean bar list to the passengers and have sufficient bar lists in stock
* Courteously and efficiently deliver and serve beverage items to passengers
* Has recipe knowledge of all drinks and mixes all beverages consistently, follows standardized recipes, neither under nor over pouring liquor
* Ensure that the brand ordered by the passenger is served unless unavailable; ensure a suitable substitute is offered
* Maintain proper glass and garnitures for each drink
* Must prepare and/or mix drinks in front of passengers when served from the bar
* Holds a current ServSafe Alcohol Server certificate and constantly upholds policy regarding serving liquor. Upholds liquor-serving laws and never serves to minors or crewmembers
* Knowledge of wine menu for service in all dining areas
* Maintain point of sale system and properly charge passenger accounts for purchases at the bar
* Complete honesty is required at all times. No Bartender is to give any drink from the Bar without the drink being properly accounted for
* Maintain and clean all utensils, machinery and equipment
* Maintain a sanitary work area, clean and free of clutter, especially with regard to company policy and Food and Drug Administration sanitation requirements
* Ensure that all goods are safe, and securely stored, to prevent damages
* Responsible for maintaining all bars, lounges and pantries for an efficient service to the passenger
* Perform stores handling and loading of liquor orders onto vessel and other duties on vessel turnover days
* Practice food safety procedures as directed by the Food & Beverage Manager
* Maintain stock in bars and requisitioning of liquor and supplies using appropriate forms
* Proper use of all drink blending machines, measuring tools, and equipment
* Proper use of knife for cutting, slicing and dicing of fruit or vegetable for condiments in drinks
* Proper use of glass cleaning machine
* Responsible for assisting with waste disposal
* Responsible for receiving cocktail food items and non-food supplies and storing them in the proper areas in accordance with the FIFO (first in-first out) inventory methods
* Set-up and breakdown of private parties and special activities
* Fills station bill requirements and participate in drills with regard to passenger safety
* Ensure behavior and performance supports the company's Mission
* Follow company values in responding to others in work situations
* Establishes a good working attitude and is cooperative with all other F&B staff
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
Professional Certification(s) or License:
* TABC Permit (Server Permit)
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
* Proficiency with MS Office applications and POS systems
* Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
* Proficient (advanced preferred) knowledge of fine wine, wine programs/tastings/pairings
* Two years of experience in position with similar duties and responsibilities
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
Our Values- RESPECT
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.