Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Create an exciting, innovative, and memorable dining experience for all guests. Lead a well-rounded and knowledgeable front-of-house team. Proper guest service requires a staff that is thoroughly trained in service etiquette, product knowledge, and makes every effort to meet the needs of each and every guest.
Some of your responsibilities include:
* Daily evaluation of restaurant service performance, coordination of timely food production.
* Participates in evaluation of food products, kitchen employee performance, and development of products consistent with our market position.
* Develop a selection and pricing strategy of all liquors and wines and supervision of their procurement.
* Assist the General Manager in building financial objectives on an annual basis through the budget process.
* Assist in meeting the financial targets in the sales area by executing and improving the annual marketing plan, reacting quickly to new opportunities, running consistently high operation standards, and effective utilization of marketing funds.
* Help meet the budget in all areas of cost control with a consistent focus on the cost of sales and payroll.
* Responsible for communicating with management, employee and accounting staff, identifying developed personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open.
* All personnel should receive regular, timely and honest evaluations of their performance through the quarterly Kimpton Check-In.
* Implement and conduct ongoing training programs for new and existing management and employee staff.
* Responsibility for the daily cleanliness of the restaurant both internally and externally by coordinating kitchen cleanliness and service area maintenance with the GM and Chef.
* Supervises all non-supervisory service employees.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring
* 2 years of management experience in hospitality or similar industry.
* Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Restaurant, or Culinary Management is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational ability.
* Passion for creating and personalizing guest experiences.
* Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
* Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.