The Courtyard Marriott Columbus OSU is currently seeking a Full Time Night Auditor to join our team! This position will cover Friday - Monday 3rd shift (11pm - 7am)d.
The Night Auditor has the primary responsibility of providing exceptional customer service to our guests and carrying out accounting related tasks such as posting charges and closing out the day. Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. All applicants must have 3rd shift availability. The Night Auditor creates an experience for our hotel guests by offering them a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service. This position is responsible for running the hotel and completing the necessary end-of-day tasks during third shift.
Our attractive compensation package includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401k with match, vacation earned on an accrual basis, paid holidays after 90 days, dining and travel discounts, and special offers from our business partners.
* Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotel.
* Responsible for issuing room keys and important information to guests.
* Responsible for making hotel reservations and checking hotel availability.
* Verifies credit card authorization or collect cash payment for all hotel guests.
* Answer hotel main telephone line and transfer to proper departments or guest rooms.
* Review guest accounts and charges upon guest check-out.
* Be familiar with Courtyard by Marriott Brand standards and requirements such as Reward Programs.
* Be familiar with daily events in hotel, conference center, and restaurant.
* Constant contact with housekeeping and maintenance departments with guest issues or concerns.
* Ensure complete guest satisfaction.
* Ensuring daily checklists are completed.
* Completes any direct assignment from Manager.
* Responsible for issuing and signing out Department Manager keys.
* Post Banquet charges and make necessary accounts.
* Balance credit card and cash paperwork for entire day.
* Process credit cards for settlement.
* Close out day for facility and print reports.
* Service the Gallery Host Stand, Bakery Cafe, and Guest Kitchen
* Delivery of items to guests' rooms
* Deliver guest folios
* Close and open swimming pool
* Investigate noise complaints
* Respond to engineering calls
* Complete property walks to ensure all aspects of property safety & security are in place
* Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must have schedule flexibility for weekends and holidays
* Professional, courteous attitude
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Ability to multitask with limited supervision
* Previous hospitality/service industry experience preferred, but not necessary
* A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs).
* Must possess basic computer skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
The Courtyard Marriott Columbus OSU is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.