McMenamins Old St Francis Hotel is now hiring for Night Auditor!
McMenamins is NOW HIRING! We are local, family-owned and operated, with 50+ locations in Oregon & Washington (and growing!). We emphasize community, art, history, music, food, drink, and fun.
TITLE: Night Auditor
REPORTS TO: HOTEL MANAGER & PROPERTY MANAGER
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
This position is responsible for the accounting of each night's closing and serves as the hotel front desk clerk. Normally the shifts for this position are between 11pm to 7am every day, but may vary dependent on business need and manager's discretion. Duties include: extensive computer work; trouble shooting inaccuracies; documentation and communication; checking hotel guests in and out; taking reservations in person or by phone; working multiple line phone service; operating a POS terminal; handling money; cleaning; stocking supplies; signing property keys, radios, and pagers in and out to employees and guests; navigating guests around property features; and most importantly, insuring the satisfaction of all our guests. Since the auditor is at times the only employee besides the Security guard on duty, this position also requires training on emergency procedures and understanding and implementation of McMenamins policies on crisis management. Due to the late night hours of this position, the auditor must be self-motivated, self-managing, be able to prioritize tasks and must stay alert and awake throughout the shift. Above all this position requires a positive attitude and dedication to providing excellent customer service in person, on the telephone, or by other means of correspondence. This job can be hard physical work and requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. The night auditor must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamin employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Requirements of the Job:
* Previous night audit, hotel or accounting experience
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to solve routine problems quickly and effectively while adhering to company policy
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to remain calm and friendly in stressful situations
* Accurate accounting cash handling skills
* Knowledge of and comfort with computers
* Flexible schedule including weekend and holiday availability
* Work effectively independently or as a member of a team
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Accounting of all nightly closings
* Use and maintain the file server
* Work alone during late night/ overnight hours
* Must have a value for diversity and the ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds
* Communicate effectively
* Extensive computer use, including the ability to use spreadsheets
* Working on your feet for long periods including standing, walking and stair climbing
* Traveling between individual locations on the property to gather needed information
* Extensive phone use including managing multi line phones
* Assist customers with questions or problems in a friendly and timely manner
* Safely lift and carry heavy objects with the help of another person if necessary
* Ability to perform regular front desk duties outside the scope of night audit accurately
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude and a commitment to excellent customer service. Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend