Welcome to Hotel Crescent Court, with undeniable charm that is quintessentially Texan, we meld Dallas sophistication and heritage into an experience that is uniquely Hotel Crescent Court. With our immersive spa, renowned dining, and serene pool just moments away from the trolley, our hotel opens a world filled by arts, shopping and entertainment districts. Fresh from a $30 million renovation, this is Texas luxury living at its finest. At the Hotel Crescent Court, our associates can expect to work in an environment that focuses on nurturing development and growth. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. Complimentary parking, free meals during your shift, and monthly associate celebrations are just a few perks that can be expected when working here. We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
The host or hostess is the critical first impression of the restaurant, and therefore is empowered to create memorable guest experiences.
* Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
* Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
* Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
* Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree preferred.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.