Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel is looking for a Host. This historic 148-room renovated Hotel with two restaurants, event venues, and a spectacular rooftop bar is scheduled to open in Spring 2021 and will be the next exciting addition to the Proper Brand.
The Host will provide excellent customer service by creating a personable and memorable experience for guests.
* Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, while seating them in a timely manner
* Manage seating between stations to ensure balance in workload for wait staff
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
* Answer telephones and schedule reservations using appropriate phone etiquette
* Learn Caldo Verde food and beverage menus
* Ensure a clean and organized front of the house environment
* Display a desire to exceed expectations with every interaction
* Able to work under pressure
* Dependable and detail-oriented
* Excellent organizational skills
* Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
* Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
* Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
* Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.