Under indirect supervision performs a variety of tasks to ensure high patient satisfaction with meals and patient food service. The Food Service Ambassador collects patient menu selections using an electronic device and assists patients with their selections. They will deliver meals to patients and guests with a cheerful and excellent customer service attitude following the approved room service procedures and scripting.
* Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of responsibilities, and applicable State, Federal and local laws.
Primary responsibilities are; interacting with patients to provide outstanding food and service regarding the meals, maintaining active communication with the kitchen on patient's special needs and special requests, and handles concerns about food quality and service.
* Principal skills are: working knowledge of the electronic data entry device, outstanding customer service, general knowledge of all diets and the ability to accurately guide patients in the ordering process.
* Assist patients with menu selections.
* Upon patient request, accesses recipes to obtain ingredient information.
* May transport patient Room Service carts to patient units.
* Supports Departmental Service Level Agreement for delivery at patient scheduled preference time through communication with kitchen.
* Follows the approved standards of service and uses approved scripting.
* Confirms the patient's identity by verifying patient name and date of birth before providing any services.
* Has high visibility with the nursing staff, floor personnel and commonly interacts with other care-givers to provide a team approach to provide for patient satisfaction.
* Maintains a friendly, polite and cheerful demeanor to ensure highest patient satisfaction and teamwork.
* Ensures Always Very Satisfied service. Uses good judgment in addressing / resolving any patient or family concerns.
* May deliver guest trays as requested by patient's families/visitors. Visitors will need to pay for guest trays and Ambassadors will collect credit card payments using their electronic device as needed.
* Collect patient's soiled tray and return to the soiled cart. Document the patient meal consumption on the designated calorie count form per policy.
* Communicates with clinical dietitian staff and informs them of any requests for consults, teaching and/or calorie counts when requested by patients or family.
* Uses verbal and electronic intranet communication, including telephone conversations, with hospital staff and co-workers.
* Ensures that all foods are at proper temperatures, are covered, labeled, and dated in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
* Maintains floor kitchen supplies, including; taking inventories, ordering, stocking and cleaning (includes coffee brewers, microwaves, toasters, refrigerators, freezers, work surfaces, drawers, cupboards, walls, etc.) in the unit pantries and refrigerators with items needed to meet patient needs.
* May record and monitor all refrigeration temperatures in the floor pantries, and takes corrective action for out of range conditions.
* Organizes, cleans and sanitizes assigned office space.
* May orient new employees.
* Assists wherever needed in the Room Service operation within job classification and/or areas of completed training.
* Any other job duties as assigned by proper authority.
Pay Grade: 11
* High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
* Proficient in English.
* Ability to text information using a touch screen device.
* Demonstrated ability to use an electronic device/tablet's keyboard/touch screen to maneuver through patient selections.
* Great customer service skills in dealing with the public and problem solving any food related issues.
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Problem Solving - ability to assist in issue resolution.
* Customer Service - In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
* Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; treats co-workers, patients, and facility visitors with respect.
* Oral Communication - Listens carefully and gets clarification to ensure that all verbal communications are fully understood.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; balances team and individual responsibilities.
* Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
* The incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell.
* The incumbent must frequently bend and or twist, stand and walk for long periods of time.
* The incumbent must occasionally lift and or carry cases of products weighing 20 pounds and must push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
* Finer and manual dexterity required to operate equipment.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Minimum six (6) months of related work experience in health care food services preferred.
* Speaking a foreign language is desirable.
* Must maintain a friendly and cheerful demeanor at all times reflecting the culture of healing we promote preferred.
* Self-motivated and able to make quick decisions using good judgment preferred.
* This is an on call position, days and hours may vary.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,Los Angeles Medical Center Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: 06:30 AM Working Hours End: 08:00 PM Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B01|SEIU|Local 399 Job Level: Entry Level Department: Sunset Medical Center - Food Preparation - 0801 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job