The Busser is responsible for bussing, clearing, and re-setting tables. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant and assisting guests as needed. The Busser directly reports to the FOH Manager or Manager on Duty. This is a non-tipped position. Minimum age requirement is 16 years of age for this position.
Skills & Competencies
* Clears away dishes from guests.
* Wipes down tabletops and chairs and re-sets tabletops with place settings.
* Inspects and cleans carpet and other flooring when debris/liquid is detected.
* Responds to guests' questions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
* Set up and maintain side work including but not limited to setting up tables at the beginning or end of shift.
* Carries trays back to dishwasher, unloads and wipes trays clean.
* Scrapes and stacks dishes. Returns dirty dishes, silverware to the dishwashing area, sorting and placing them in a prescribed area in preparation for washing.
* Stocks stations with roll ups and place mats.
* Checks restrooms for cleanliness.
* Respond to any guests' additional request and assists servers with their tables as needed.
* Inspects floor for debris, spills and sweeps/dries as necessary.
Other duties as required or assigned by Management.