Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there's countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We're growing; grow with us.
Job Summary -
Collaborate with management teams, HR and Reward Leadership on AMER Reward strategy, implementation, analysis, and project leadership across both the Compensation and Benefit functions.
Position location: Atlanta, GA at IHG Hotels & Resorts Corporate Americas Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
* Provide innovate compensation and benefits solutions to meet client needs and support strategic business objectives across a large multinational geography.
* Conduct analysis and develop recommendations related to compensation and benefits programs that may be either individually, departmental/functionally specific or broad based in nature.
* Lead/manage compensation programs such as merit design, short -term and sales incentive plan design, broad banding, and other compensation programs.
* Participate in the development and revision of sales and management incentive plans (annual and specialized) for the region in accordance with the Company's incentive design principles.
* Consult with management regarding employee pay issues, policies, salary guidelines, regulatory requirements (wage and hour laws, etc.), and job evaluation to ensure consistency with established philosophy and strategy; and ensure decisions are executed/processed in a timely manner.
* Coordinate the annual benefits renewal process and manage outsourced consultative or administrative relationships.
* Provide internal consulting expertise to human resources and rewards professionals, employees and other customers concerning compensation and benefits plan provisions and related compliance requirements.
* Develop and conduct presentations and training related to compensation and benefits programs to ensure Executive Leadership, Managers, HR Business Partners, and employees understand applicable programs.
* Participate in company acquisition and divestiture activities as it relates to compensation and benefits programs to ensure full identification and disclosure of compensation and benefits liabilities associated with acquired and disposed companies / hotels. Conduct due diligence, cost analysis and/or integration of compensation and benefits programs.
* Monitor performance measures and assist in the negotiation of contract terms with third party vendors for all related compensation and benefit programs.
* Manage plan related projects and activity to ensure deliverables are on time and within budget.
* Perform annual compliance activity as it relates to the compensation and benefits plans.
* Independently work to ensure compensation and benefits plan documents are updated and accurate in relation to the plan and all plan compliance needs.
* Independently work to measure the effectiveness of the compensation and benefits plan by creating and monitoring plan performance metrics.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
* 6-10 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position. Typically 6+ years progressive experience in compensation and benefits design and administration to include vendor management.
Technical Skills and Knowledge -
* Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception and presentation, through implementation.
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Strong knowledge of compensation principles and practices which may include health and welfare, retirement, and employee relations programs in large corporate and/or consulting environments.
* Strong knowledge in all areas of compensation and benefits regulations and compliance
* Ability to apply strong consultative and/or coaching skills as required.
* strong vendor management experience.
* Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
* CCP and/or CEBS certification preferred.
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0 Indirect 1-2
Decision making responsibilities:
* This position is responsible for the effective implementation and administration of assigned compensation and/or benefit programs.
* Provide recommendations to management regarding incentive plan designs including costing, pay issues, compensation policies and salary guidelines.
* Review and approve incentive plan programs and calculations to ensure plans meet company objectives.
* Develop and deliver communication, training, and tools.
Internal Key Relationships -
* This position has frequent interaction with Global and Corporate Departments (Legal, Finance, HR Business Partners, Global Rewards, Global Compensation Shared Services, HR Shared Services (HRSS), HRIS, Corporate Affairs, etc.) to discuss compensation and benefits programs, plan designs and / or issues.
* This position may interact with Hotel General Managers, HR Directors and Corporate Company Managed Hotel (CMH) staff to advise/discuss compensation and benefit programs and policies.
External Key Relationships -
* Plan Vendors/Administrators - to ensure services provided are in agreement with policies and contracts
* Internal / external counsel regarding interpretation / compliance of regulations as it pertains to compensation and benefit programs
* Governmental Agencies - information / reporting of state and federal laws and regulations
* Professional organizations / Industry peers to keep abreast of industry trends and networking
* Coordinate with key vendors and consultants.
* Work is performed in a normal office environment
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits - including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.