Do you see yourself as a Room Attendant?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Room Attendant at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
This role has the overall responsibility of cleaning guest rooms and / or suites in a timely and through manner to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Room Attendant include:
* Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
* Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
* Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
* Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
* Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
* Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
* May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
* May assist with other duties as assigned.
* May have turndown duties.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills. Some housekeeping experience is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.