The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville. The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
$250 SIGN ON BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM!
To serve as the liaison with Catering/Convention Service Managers and all operational departments with onsite meeting contact. This position is highly visible and the central point for handling and addressing special needs or requests for in house groups.
* Assist Convention Services and Catering Managers as the onsite liaison between Meeting Planner and operational departments.
* Communication with other Event Concierge team and Managers to ensure seamless experience.
* Basic knowledge of hotel departments and purpose in fulfilling guests' needs.
* Manage and assist all aspects of hotel events to include day to day coordination.
* During meetings and conferences, will ensure arrangements are to specifications and ensuring satisfaction by creating memorable experiences.
* Being proactive in problem resolution, keeping clients advised on current status of events and functions, including items pending that need follow up.
* Multi-task and prioritize multiple requests and information; time management skills are necessary.
* Utilize Delphi software for generation of necessary documents and changes as needed.
* Detailed knowledge of the hotel meeting space, group dynamics and event details.
* Special projects as assigned by Department Manager.
* Attends daily Banquet Event Order meetings and weekly resume meetings as needed
* Recommends special outside services when required.
* Coordinates and attends pre-convention meetings prior to conference when scheduled.
* Previous catering, convention services, meeting planning experience preferred. Prefer operations/administrative experience in hotels, with banquet operation knowledge. One plus years' experience in face to face customer service role required.
* High school education required, college degree preferred.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
* Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time.
* Developed computer proficiencies, Delphi experience a plus.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines is met.
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Customer service oriented with a desire to create memorable guest experiences.
* Ability to use various office equipment, including but not limited to, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
* Must possess excellent telephone etiquette skills.
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays, with the ability to work a variety of shifts within any given workweek.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to .