As a chef on our Restaurant team, you'll play a dual role - part kitchen genius, part artist. In this role, you'll…
A day in the life…
* Complete a comprehensive Manager in Training program that covers all the ins and outs of running a successful kitchen
* Lead the kitchen crew in scratch cooking our tried and true recipes, while also preparing weekly specials
* Train, motivate and develop the kitchen staff while also focusing on the business goals of process improvements, growth, efficiency, profitability and compliance with company procedures
* Make sure the kitchen sparkles and is always ready to pass the white glove test
You own this if you have…
* Been there and done that for 2+ years in full service, upscale restaurant management
* Passion and knowledge about; quality food; and exceptional customer service
* Solid written and verbal communications skills, as well as basic accounting skills
* Thrived in a fast-paced environment and embraced working a flexible schedule
* A food handler's card where required by local and state regulations
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
* Life Insurance and Disability
* Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at .
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.