The HGI Austin University Capitol District is looking for an Executive Chef to join our opening team!
Job Title: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Supervision Exercised: F&B Department
Supervision Received: General Manager, VP: Food and Beverage
Supervision and Execution of Food & Beverage team, and Kitchen team
The Executive Chef has overall responsibility for managing the staff and operation of the kitchen to ensure the highest quality of food service to hotel restaurant, banquets and functions. The Executive Chef will meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards and guest satisfaction are maintained. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and include weekends and holidays.
* Hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline and terminate employees
* Train and manage all kitchen employees. Responsible for the development of the kitchen employees
* Post schedules for kitchen employees on a weekly basis
* Complete payroll reports for bi-monthly payroll
* Develop menus with a wide scope and variety
* Monitor presentation of all foods served to guests and ensure that appearance and quality are consistently maintained
* Plan and prepare various food items and meals for hotel restaurant catering functions, following proper food handling and safety guidelines
* Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards
* Assist in the planning, writing and pricing of food menus
* Ordering and receiving of all Food & Beverage items
* Maintain and enforce sanitation laws and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area
* Maintain an adequate supply of all provision in the kitchen and establish programs that minimize waste
* Ensure foods are stored and served at proper temperatures
* Prepare annual departmental budget according to specifications set forth by the General Manager with the assistance of the Regional Controller
* Monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget
* Maintain food and labor costs
* Ensure that all kitchen equipment works and is maintained properly.
* Regularly inspect all kitchen areas to ensure sanitary conditions.
* Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests' needs, both present and anticipated.
* Use market research to develop new products
* Ordering and dealing with vendors in a professional manner
* Conduct regular departmental operations meetings, including monthly safety meetings
* Ensure safe work practices of all kitchen employees, including compliance with company and departmental safety rules and regulations and the proper use and handling of all relevant equipment
* Attend all mandatory meetings as directed
All positions require service minded team players with personable, enthusiastic and outgoing personalities. We offer many benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, paid time off, discounted hotel stays and more. Pre-employment background screening is required as a condition of employment. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
* Executive Chef: 2 years
* Experience within hotels would be preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Employer Matching
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.