Principle Responsibilities/Position Purpose:
Maintain efficient service between kitchen and front of the house. Assist kitchen with set up of line. Sets and clears restaurant tables; stocks all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction; delivers food and beverage items from kitchen and bar to guest; cleans and maintains work areas to specification.
* Assist with expediting food and delivering food promptly to guest in restaurant.
* Quickly and neatly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting.
* Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
* Quickly and neatly deliver food and beverage items from kitchen and bar to guest.
* Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
* Wipe down booths and chairs, move tables and chairs, and clean floors as necessary.
* Serve guests with beverages, bread and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
* Assist server with food & beverage service to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump National Doral-Miami from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the industry that we are in, a need will occur for each associate to provide "Excellent Service". Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing customer satisfaction and as a result there will be times when our associates in Operations will call upon us for support in order to ensure customer satisfaction occurs. When we are fortunate enough for this to occur, each associate will positively respond unless there is a chance that an opportunity resulting in dissatisfying a guest could occur. If this is the case the manager is to be notified and the level of support that is being requested will be obtained.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by
supervisor to adhere to health standards.
* Folding napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply.
* Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side
* Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, handling special
guest requests, greeting and seating guests and ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Attend required meetings.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 Hours; Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Frequent
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying(# lbs) - up to-50 lbs. Frequent
Assimilate into Trump National Doral-Miami Standards through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
* Back safety belt with heavy lifting is involved.
* Safety Shoes (slip resistant) preferred
* Use of gloves (latex, vinyl, plastic, fabric))
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
* Ability to communicate orally and verbally in English with associates and outside entities. Certain positions will require the ability to read and write in English as well.
* Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
* Ability to operate beverage and basic kitchen equipment.
* Willingness and ability to taste food items relevant to the menu.
Grade school education preferred.
Prefer 1 year previous food service experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Handler Certification; Responsible Vendors Training
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability is preferred.