With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company's two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit .
The Server is responsible for taking the guests through the key phase of their Hard Rock experience. As a Hard Rock Cafe Server, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, decision-maker, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician (at heart).
* Taking guests' orders .
* Running food.
* Handling cash & other forms of payment.
* Making proficient sales transactions - using a point-of-sale system.
* Properly checks I.D.s - for guests who appear to be under 30 years old.
* Demonstrating responsible alcohol service.
* Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
* Suggestive selling - using proven techniques.
* Answering questions - accurately and politely.
* Satisfying any/all needs of the guests - regularly double checking back with guests throughout their experience.
* Maintaining a clean & organized station - including pre-bussing & table maintenance.
* Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up/breaking down station, refilling condiments, cleaning ashtrays, etc.
* Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers.
* Directing guests to areas & restrooms.
* Creating memorable experiences.
* Entertaining guests to create "Raving Fans. "
This job description reflects the position's essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
* High School diploma or GED equivalents.
* Follows all food safety & sanitation procedures. In some U.S. states, a food safety certification program is required to be completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may include a food handlers card (i.e., California law requires this).
* Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
* Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency.
* Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests.
* Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
* Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
* Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
* Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
* Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
* Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
* Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
* Must be at least 19 years old. In some U.S. states, a legal minimum age is required to serve food & alcohol (i.e., Nevada is 21 years old) - check with the person interviewing you to ensure you meet these requirements.
* Practicing all general safety standards.
* Maintaining a well-groomed appearance ("having a plan").
* Following all uniform guidelines.
* Recycling products, where possible.
* Maintaining HRC's 5 core Values and Mission Statement.
* Your Cafe may cross-train the Server and the Busser positions. This "Server Assistant" will become a rotated position for the Servers and only used during busy volume Please see the Busser job description.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).