Opt in below to receive text message updates on CDHS recruiting events!
This is a temporary part-time position.
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-being of the people of Colorado.
Our Culture & Environment:
We believe in a people-first approach: To serve the people of Colorado, we develop a culture and work environment that creates an energized, inspired, and healthy team capable of giving their best to Coloradans.
Balance creates quality of life: We want our team to be resilient through a supportive workplace that values flexibility, health and wellness, and employee engagement.
We hold ourselves accountable: We take responsibility through our actions, programs, and results for the state of health and human services in Colorado.
Transparency matters: We are open and honest with employees, our partners, the Coloradans we serve, and the public.
We are ethical: We abide by what is best for those we serve by doing what is right, not what is easy.
Collaboration helps us rise together: We work together with all partners, employees, and clients to achieve the best outcomes for Coloradans.
Bruce McCandless State Veterans Community Living Center is a State-owned and operated skilled-nursing facility dedicated to serving those who have served us. Our Eden Mission is to honor and respect those living and working in our home through companionship, empowerment and individualized care while providing a comfortable and safe place to live.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Description of Job
Shifts will be scheduled from 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. or 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Please note: Shifts will vary based on the needs of the department.
* Work with other dietary aides to coordinate daily kitchen tasks
* Aid in meal time duties including taking meal orders, building trays, delivering meals to room, busing trays
* Understand modified diets and be able to comply with diets for each resident
* Ensure residents needs are met at each meal time Operate dish machine and aid in dishes before/after meal times
* Sort and stack dishes. Maintain temperature chart.
* Clean and sanitize work area and dining room, i.e. floors, carts, walls.
* Empty trash
* Perform additional deep cleaning duties in kitchen and dining room
* Receive, check and rotate supplies
* Other duties as assigned including preparing drinks, snacks, desserts, salads
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Employment history is calculated on a full-time basis (40/hrs per week). Part-time employment is calculated on a pro-rated basis to determine qualifications. Be sure your application specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments as they relate to the position and minimum requirements.
* Food services experience
* Works effectively in a team setting
* Food service operations and the preparation and production of food
* Cleaning and sanitizing practices as they relate to food service operations
* Knowledge of safe food handling, and storage practices and regulations
* Knowledge of food safety related to handling and storing cooked foods, serving and
storing temperatures and reading food thermometers.
* Ability to read and write at the level necessary for interpreting and understanding
written recipes, menus, nourishment labels, diet slips, portioning sheets, and policies and procedures.
* Ability to display high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity.
* Refrains from theft-related, dishonest unethical behavior.
* Ability to work and communicate with internal and external clients, staff, customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
* Committed to quality service.
* Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently.
* Work with minimal supervision
* Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
* Respond appropriately to supervision. Make every effort to follow policy and cooperate with supervisors.
* Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
* Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Fosters
* commitment and team spirit.
* Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the
* audience and nature of the information. Listens to others and responds appropriately.
Conditions of Employment:
* Name check, TRAILS, Drug Screen and Fingerprinting, CAP
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, day and evening shifts, night shifts, weekends, and holidays and back-to-back shift and double shifts as needed.
* A Tuberculosis Test (TB) will be required upon hire.
* Must be able to work around and with cleaning chemicals such as bleach, dishwasher detergent, oven cleaner, etc.
* Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience in the work experience section of the application itself. Applications left blank or marked "SEE RESUME" will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process.
Comparative Analysis Process
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of a structured application review, and a structured interview depending on the number of qualified applicants.
For recruiting questions, please contact .
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any otherprotected status in accordance with applicable law.
ADAAA Accommodations: CDHS is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Coordinator, Nancy Schmelzer, at or call 1-.
Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone 1- or email ADA Coordinator at at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (e.g..... click apply for full job details