INVISTA is seeking a Global Product Steward Manager who possesses a passion for learning and driving innovation to join its Compliance & Ethics team. The Global Product Steward Manager will proactively engage with key stakeholders to identify and/or develop options and provide strategic direction for the long-term goal of positively impacting business bets and priorities. Successful candidates should have strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to assess and appropriately manage risk and compliance requirements for INVISTA products and chemicals. The Global Product Steward Manager must also have a strong commitment to integrity, ethical behavior, and act with a sense of urgency.
This role is open to candidates based in Wichita, KS or Houston, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
* Pro-actively collaborate between product stewardship and INVISTA's businesses and other capabilities including Logistics, R&D, International Trade Compliance, Legal, etc.
* Communicate technical details and concepts to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
* Advocate in partnerships with industry trade associations, task forces, and coalition on legislative, regulatory, and market-driven emerging chemical issues
* Identify risk and assess applicability and impact of current and upcoming regulatory and other legislative developments
* Apply principled entrepreneurship to innovate and improve product regulatory programs and systems to ensure appropriate risk management
The Experience You Will Bring
* Bachelor's degree in a science related field
* 5+ years' experience in a product stewardship, regulatory affairs or related role
* Familiarity with product and chemical regulatory requirements including TSCA, Hazard Communications (GHS, CLP) and REACH
* Project Management skills to effectively manage and execute complex workstreams
* Experience assessing and implementing Product Stewardship and/or other regulatory programs and systems
What Will Put You Ahead
* 10+ years' experience in a product stewardship or related role
* Background in chemistry
* HTS Code assignments
* SAP knowledge & experience
* Transportation Classification for Dangerous Goods
* Working knowledge of SDS Authoring Platform
* Chemical/manufacturing and/or Polymer experience
* Knowledge of Asia Pacific Chemical Control Requirements
* Experience in interacting with regulatory agencies
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: