The Catbird is seeking service focused food runners to join their opening team! As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences. Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent and we look forward to hearing from you!
Catbird is an independent hotel in RiNo that blurs the line between hotel and home. The hotel creates adaptable spaces that foster a deeper sense of belonging for our guests and community. More than a mash-up of periods and styles, this hotel creates all the feelings that travel should provide. Catbird will be 165-rooms with hybrid furniture providing massive functionality in a small amount of space. The lobby will feature comfortable spaces, grab-and-go food options, and flexibility between work-flow and life-balance that experiential travelers seek out. Guest rooms will feature full kitchens with functional housewares, unique storage, and multi-functional furniture where small spaces realize their larger potential.
Paying homage to the history of the neighborhood around it, Catbird encompasses a 3,600 square foot, four-bedroom historic home, originally built in 1890, which has been preserved as part of the hotel. Amenities include a "playroom" stocked with bikes, skateboards, scooters, cameras and other items, package delivery lockers, a guest storage area where repeat guests can leave often-used items, and a dog run for man's best friend.
The rooftop at Catbird will feature a stunning indoor bar and an inviting outdoor deck with lounge seating and firepits, perfect for enjoying unobstructed views of the Denver skyline with friends and colleagues. The rooftop will also be home to an additional 3,300 square foot deck that will be dedicated to hosting corporate and social events. Guests will be sure to enjoy the two jacuzzi tubs and a beautiful area of green grass up on the roof, created for outdoor activation in the Denver sunshine.
Responsible for the timely delivery of food and ensuring that plate presentations and food quality are of the highest standard possible.
* Responsible for the timely delivery of food and ensuring that plate presentations and food quality are of the highest standard possible.
* Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up, and dress code of the restaurant.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
* Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, wines, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
* Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients, and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish, and method of presentation.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended.
* Maintain knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
* Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
High school education or equivalent.
Previous experience in similar position of 3 months or longer.
* Must have basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
* Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and work with a minimum of supervision.
* Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 50 lbs to include serving trays, carts, tables, chairs, and small equipment up to 75% of the time.
* Balancing, stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching handling, fingering throughout the shift.
* Mobility -Able to travel up to 300 feet on a regular basis throughout the shift.
* Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting.
* Must be able to see minute objects at arm's length, to read meters and controls.
Physically strenuous -continual standing, walking, bending and lifting in indoor environment. Intermittent exposure to extreme heat (dishroom & kitchen) and cold (coolers & freezers).
* Supplemental Pay: Tips
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Basic Life and AD&D insurance
* Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
* Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
* Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : Catbird Hotel
Category: Restaurant Operations
Max: USD $9.30/Hr.
Tipped Position: Yes
Address : 3770 Walnut Street
City : Denver
State : Colorado
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability