Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood and built for travel and life. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a hotel suite or a six-bedroom unit, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service and game-changing technology, we're providing amazing hospitality to guests in dozens of cities around the world.
The Senior Manager, Frontline Service oversees all aspects of delivering jaw dropping frontline service at maximum efficiency for Sonder. You will be responsible for establishing, implementing and scaling operational strategies which will enable Sonder to offer an elevated experience at an affordable price. You are a highly motivated, independent thinker who can tackle large strategic problems, build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders, and lead and execute projects across the organization.
We're growing incredibly quickly and need someone who breathes hospitality, operations, and start-up life to develop and support the implementation of structures, systems, and processes across Sonder's frontline service. In this role, there are opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth. We are growing quickly and looking for a strong project manager who can strategically think through problems and deliver from concept to implementation.
What You'll Do:
* Partner with Market Operations and Central Guest Services leadership to build and drive continuous improvement to our Frontline organisation, systems and processes
* Lead further development of the labor model infrastructure and effective labor management processes
* Own Workforce Optimization to ensure we are correctly staffed to meet responsiveness SLAs across our Frontline organization
* Own Frontline Service projects from concept through to successful implementation
* Understand and quantify opportunities for efficiency across the Frontline organisation, and surface this information to Market Operations, CGS and company leadership.
* Assume responsibility for operations cost savings through creative solutions that will ensure an amazing guest and employee experience
* Measure, track and analyze results, report progress and optimize programs continuously through rigorous quantitative and qualitative testing
* Create holistic strategies that balance quality, cost, and operational complexity
* Collaborate with our People and Learning & Development teams to deliver initiatives successfully
* Be an advocate for and advisor to Market Operations within headquarters and effectively collaborate across multiple stakeholders
What We're Looking For:
* Seven+ years of experience in operations, project management or consulting experience in a customer focused industry (hospitality experience a plus)
* Must be able to think strategically as well as tactically; successfully integrate data from numerous sources to address complex business issues
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively present and influence all levels of the organization
* A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes
* A creative thinker that challenges assumptions and wants to participate in changing the hospitality landscape
* Proficiency with Google applications and Excel. Willingness to embrace new technology. Slack, Asana, and project management software experience preferred.
* Past experience with early or mid-stage startups
* BA/BS Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree advantageous
* Must be willing to travel to markets as needed
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
* Competitive salary
* Generous stock option plan (own a part of the company!)
* Unlimited vacation
* Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun-to-work-with colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.