The Bartender is responsible for mixing, pouring, and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests, while demonstrating excellent customer service. This position consistently prepares drinks by following recipes and demonstrates accuracy in all cash handling procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Mixing and serving drinks for guest in the bar as they are ordered
* Mixing and serving drinks for servers as they are ordered
* Recording and calculating guest orders in the POS
* Following all cash handling procedures and policies
* Taking food orders for guests at the bar
* Cleaning, stocking, and maintaining the bar throughout shift and after completion of service
* Making guests feel welcomed and appreciated through words and body language
* Following all safety and sanitation policies
* Cleaning up and re-setting the bar after completion of service
* Using proper telephone etiquette and procedures
* Communicating information regarding guest requests, out-of-stock items, and new products to all employees and managers
* Responsibly serving alcohol and remaining aware of guests states of intoxication
* Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card
* Understanding of Federal, state and local liquor laws
* Previous bar and restaurant experience required
* Basic mathematical skills and an ability to handle money and give correct change
* Basic reading and computer skills
* Basic knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes
* Ability to take direction, and work calmly and effectively under pressure
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong English verbal communication skills required
* Possess problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and be organized
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the functions of this job, an employee must walk, stand, or remain stationary during a majority of the shift. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.