Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills uniquely captures pure unadulterated luxury and captivating experiences through a modern lens. Peacefully situated on a tree-lined residential street, yet a short stroll from the bustle of Rodeo Drive, the boutique hotel is renowned for its legendary elegance and unquestioned privacy. This 116-room all-suite hotel offers a welcoming environment which has appealed to discerning visitors and locals alike for decades. The restaurant, Avec Nous, offers a menu inspired by iconic Southern French dishes complemented by California farm-fresh ingredients and modern techniques. Our passion is defined by our name: AVEC NOUS - dine with us, drink with us, celebrate with us.
Scope of this Position:
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Food and Beverage outlets (Avec Nous, Pool and Private Dining) to ensure adherence to the Five Star expectations set by the F&B Department and the hotel, with an emphasis on guest service. The Food & Beverage Manager will be visibly present on the outlet floor during service to direct and manage the efficient running of the operations; strive to continually improve guest and colleague satisfaction, garner feedback and maximize the financial performance of the outlets.
* Managing day to day operations of the Food & Beverage Department ensuring quality standards and meeting guest expectations daily across all outlets.
* Allocate time appropriately with an intense focus on being a presence on the floor of the outlets assisting with service. Circulate between the outlets, continually checking with the guests and the service staff to ensure that everything is to the guest's satisfaction.
* Ability to speak elegantly about Food & Beverage menu items, wines by the glass, beer, and cocktail selections.
* Lead all daily line-ups, promote service standards, and ensure proper commination within the department.
* Assist in the development and training of colleagues to ensure that colleagues continue to meet and improve their performance as set by the company service standards and Forbes Five-Star Standards.
* Assist in the development of strategies and procedures to improve follow-up with guests to ensure satisfaction. Be a key driver in the coordination and managing of guest's staying at the hotel for extended periods of time and their specific needs as it pertains to communication between departments.
* Assist the Senior Management in the implementation and roll-out of F&B programs to increase revenue. And manage/implement outlet controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
* Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
* Assist with the scheduling of colleagues within their designated outlet and ensuring the closing of payroll functions in a timely manner.
* Solve problems and make rational decisions quickly to meet the need of the operation required.
* Successfully resolve any guest issues, complaints, or requests in at timely manner, and communicate all concerns to department heads.
* Responsible for assigning and managing all opening and/or closing side duties.
* Lead in the review and follow-up with guests of all Food & Beverage ratings/reviews on Review Pro, Yelp, and Open Table to identify areas of improvement. And review results with colleagues to develop appropriate corrective actions and ensure implementation.
* Protect establishment and patrons by assuring adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
* Will take a lead role in interviewing and hiring F&B candidates, managing the selection process with Food and Beverage senior leadership and Human Resources.
* Responsible for submitting biweekly summaries of service logs to measure delivery times and guest satisfaction.
* The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal and achieve departmental goals.
* Capable of offering a charismatic style of service tailored to specific guests and their needs.
* Must possess a positive attitude, be service oriented, be a team player and promote teamwork within multiple departments.
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
* Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
* Strong recollection of guest names and preferences.
* Capable of providing guidance to team members during, before, and after service.
* Possess basic computational ability and strong understanding of Microsoft Office and POS systems.
* Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages required.
* The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
* Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able walk, stand and exert well placed mobility.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch.
* Must be able to occasionally lift up to 45 lbs.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Education: High school Degree required. College Degree preferred.
* Experience Minimum 2-3 years of high-end hotel restaurant management experience in a luxury hotel preferred, overseeing multiple outlets. OpenTable or Opera experience also preferred.
* Licenses or Certificates: TIPS and SERV Safe certified required.
* Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
L'Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.