Hilton San Francisco Union Square is looking for an Executive Chef to lead the culinary team!
As one of the tallest buildings in the city, this historic 3-tower hotel has over 1,900 rooms, 160,000 square feet of banquet space, and 6 food and beverage outlets.This includes Herb N' Kitchen, Poached, Lobby Bar, Cityscape, Urban Tavern, and In-Room Dining.
In this role, you will oversee all culinary opeartions managing a team of 100+ and reporting directly to the Hotel General Manager. You will play a key role in re-opening the various outlets over the next several months and have the opportunity to build your team; the hotel reopened on May 24th after a 14-month closure.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic leader who thrives in a high-volume environment and has a passion for mentoring and developing others, and talent for building and maintaing relationships. This individual must have strong financial acumen and excellent multi-tasking and communication skills. At least 3 years experience as a hotel Executive Chef in a high-volume and union environment is required.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website, Hotel Instagram, Facebook, Urban Tavern Instagram, YouTube
What will I be doing?
As Executive Chef, you are fully responsible for developing the reputation of the hotel through the production of excellent quality food throughout the hotel, and the development of a high quality kitchen brigade. An Executive Chef will oversee the operational management of the kitchen and Team Members. Specifically, an Executive Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing development of Team Members
* Identify an effective approach to succession planning
* Create menus that meet and exceed customers' needs and conform to brand standards
* Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
* Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, Team Members, contractors, and suppliers
* Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members
* Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management
* Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
* Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
* Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
* Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
* Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
* Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
* Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
* Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
* Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
* Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
* Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
* Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
* Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way
* Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
* Be environmentally aware
* Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target
* Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation
What are we looking for?
An Executive Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
* Previous, relevant experience as an Executive Chef or a high-performing Sous Chef in a first class property, required
* Excellent leadership skills
* A creative approach to the production of high quality food
* A business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!