The Cronos Group US Business manufactures and distributes the world's finest hemp derived CBD- infused products under multiple brands including Lord Jones and Happy Dance. Our company has been recognized as an industry leader by the New York Times, Vogue, Rolling Stone, Forbes, Fast Company and the New Yorker, among others. We make best-in-class products and are looking for ultra-talented employees to join us. Our Los Angeles based company is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate and dedicated employees to join us on our mission to change the world.
We hire talented people who thrive on solving difficult problems and give them the opportunity to hone new skills and approaches. If you want to play a part in shaping an innovative industry and help build a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Master Confection Chef will be an integral member of the team and responsible for working with our in-house kitchen team to produce innovative cannabinoid infused edible products including our famed Lord Jones Hemp-Derived CBD Gumdrops. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team with multiple brands in the space.
This position is based out of our Los Angeles, CA location.
What you'll be doing:
* Prepare batches of assorted confections in food manufacturing environment alongside kitchen team.
* Execute proprietary confection and edible recipes with skill and precision.
* Work alongside Executive Chef and product development team to determine target product attributes and flavors for forward facing innovation pipeline.
* Utilize food science knowledge to provide insights on process improvements to Executive Chef.
* Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in kitchen and prep areas in adherence with Food Safety and Sanitation Programs.
* Operate high-capacity cooking equipment and machinery for scaling recipes.
* Dose batches with perfect accuracy using standardized metric system and following temperature and weight calibration procedures.
* Work alongside QA team to ensure products undergo proper testing and safety protocols are adhered to and properly documented.
* Identify and implement new processes within kitchen as necessary to improve efficiency.
* Assist Executive Chef with various operational tasks including but not limited to inventory, ordering of ingredients, maintaining recipe and ingredients databases and scheduling of kitchen staff.
* Maintain batch records per GMP requirements.
* Your Environment:
* Able to stand for up to 8 hours.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds above shoulders.
* Capable of handling extremely hot (molten sugar) based products
You'll need to have:
* 5+ years experience as a confection or pastry chef
* Must have experience making gummy candies as well as working with chocolate
* Ability to both lead and work well within a team and cross-functionally
* Strong project management skills
* Flexibility to work evening shifts, weekends and holidays if/when needed
* Able to stay focused in a fast paced, multi-task environment
* Attention to detail is crucial!
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal laws.