As an Attractions Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining strategic, financial and daily operational plans that support overall guest and team member satisfaction of the attraction.
* Maintains both labor and non-labor departmental budgets. Develops operating budgets and adjusts operations as necessary to identify and control budgets.
* Maintains the operational efficiency of attraction during park hours and seasonal/special events
* Assist in the managing of events throughout the year
* Helps ensure artistic and thematic integrity of attraction.
* Assists Talent Acquisition team for assurance most qualified candidates are hired/trained
* Supports the scheduling department in reviewing the team member schedules weekly
* Ensures department understands and follows all company policies and procedures.
* Crisis management including Guests' and Team Members Medical/Emergency situations
* Supervises all hourly staff and provides work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to team members
* Investigates incidents including Team Member/Guests' complaints
* Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for the Team Members
* Creates and implements action plans for the department's future success including training programs, workforce planning, and rewards and recognition programs
* Supports the Team Members and Guest satisfaction programs and ensures the staff understands the importance of the programs.
* Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
* Minimum 5 years of operations management experience in theme park or hospitality industry, including experience in guest service preferred.
* Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
* Must have excellent written and verbal skills
* Must be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Hospitality is highly preferred
* Proven ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and simultaneously managing multiple projects.
* Proven ability to anticipate needs and initiate action
* Experience managing in a union environment
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
* Proactive thinker/self-starter
* Strong guest service experience with conflict resolution.
* Theme Park experience highly preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Able to prioritize work-load and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
* Demonstrates sound judgment and independent thinking as well as an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in real-time.
* Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to work seamlessly within a broader team to achieve desired results.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.