Supports property's marketing strategies by maintaining brand activity across a broad range of social networking sites and blogs. Creates visual content that will increase awareness and positive perception of the resort including the hotel, spa and restaurants to maximize revenue/profitability. Cultivates relationships with key media publication and online influencers and assists in digital marketing and website activities.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Handles project management of website content publishing and standard changes/fixes for property specific pages. Ensures all text, imagery and other information is kept up to date.
2. Facilitates monthly reporting between agency vendor/partners, corporate office and resort teams. Compiles and studies data from a variety of sources (i.e. Google Analytics, CRM, social media sites, etc.) to gather data needed to make the best marketing decisions.
3. Assists in email and social media marketing efforts by performing light copywriting, reporting and other related activities. Creates content used in marketing emails and social media posts and reports on success of the
4. Participates in the implementation of the day-to-day hotel communications strategy through proactive and reactive media relations, press materials development, media monitoring and tracking results.
5. Develops and maintains long-term relationships with local media and influencers to ensure they know what is new at the property and encourage them to provide related press. Meetings may be through email, conversation on social channels or face-to-face meetings.
6. Coordinates media stay requests and public relationship driven events on property. Sets up itineraries (including room reservation and on/off site activities) and invites press to events held on properties (i.e. dinners, launch parties, etc.)
7. Reviews all customer interactions on social media and ratings/review platforms and provides rapid response to address customer expectations or experience. Escalates issues related to customer expectations, service problems or deficiencies where appropriate. Identifies new opportunities to provide greater customer value and experience.
8. Implements platform-specific best practices across various platforms and social communities including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube,Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Responsible for all content (i.e. text, photos, videos, etc.) posted to these channels in an effort to inspire visits to the hotel, restaurants and spa.
9. Fosters interactivity, engagement, community growth, expertise, trust, and loyalty. Seek out opportunities to engage guests in conversation about their stay and share new and exciting information about the property. Responds to reviews posted after the stay.
10. Follows the content calendar and captures moments and events in real-time either through video or photos and posts with approved messaging.
11. Participates in monthly marketing strategy sessions to recap recent campaigns as well as plan upcoming strategy and tactics for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Spa and group sales. Contributes to brainstorming sessions and executes some of the initiatives.
12. Implements innovative communications, public relations and publicity programs to increase awareness and present a positive perception of the resort to maximize revenue and profitability. Provides input into the overall marketing plan to support key strategies and revenue goals for the property. Distributes media alerts to all applicable departments.
13. Works with public relations consultants and vendors to promote property. Provides regular communications on all identified social media sites/blogs, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc. Cross-promotes with other PHG properties.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. May assist with oversight of photo shoots and on-site filming.
2. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, or related field strongly preferred.
2. Requires two or more years of related marketing communications or digital marketing experience. Experience using multiple social media platforms to market hotels and respond to guest feedback, and knowledge of related metrics and tracking is desired.
3. Knowledge about the culture, attractions and history of the area and property. Awareness of current events and market competition (publicity, packages, events, etc.)
4. Completes all required training as scheduled.
5. Must have strong organizational skills to successfully manage projects and plan press trips, draft press releases, create newsletters, draft e-blasts as well as organize direct mail pieces.
6. Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present marketing information through verbal face-to-face, written, social media, web telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide marketing presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deliver quality presentations to public groups. Requires strong written communication skills and ability to create newsworthy events and successful campaigns.
7. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
8. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications, Publisher, Photoshop and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
9. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working from property location.
10. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D