The Executive Chef serves as the leader of all things culinary with an emphasis on table touching, marketing initiatives, and media appearances. This position is also responsible for cost controls as they pertain to payroll, food costs, production and inventory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for Executing and carrying out requests and orders without questioning.
* Ability to execute all positions on the line and help line staff when they get behind.
* Execute and oversee the production of all menu items.
* Complete understanding of work safety and emergency procedures.
* Expedite orders correctly and efficiently to ensure smooth kitchen flow.
* Fully understand the importance of and have the ability to utilize standard recipe cards and plating guides.
* Ensure all reach-ins and walk-ins are locked.
* Work closely with Events Department to keep the menu updated to current restaurant menu trends.
* Perform line checks to include temperature checks of all refrigeration, rotation and dating of all foods, proper prep(taste), freshness and specials completed for the nights service.
* Check reservations and all V.I.P.S. for the night's service, communicate and show all specials to the servers at the daily staff meeting.
* Create and execute daily specials.
* Implement closing duties for the runners, stewards, line/pantry cooks and ensure all duties are being completed.
* Ensure all foods are up to our quality and standards, all specials are current with the seasons and trends, coach and train the staff to THE ONE GROUP brand of food.
* Possess good math and English skills for calculating, communicating, writing requisitions/ completing food inventories and for retrieving information as needed.
* Work closely with staff to ensure that their respective jobs are being executed as per company guidelines.
* Ensure A+ standards for kitchen cleanliness and follow all Health Department Guidelines to ensure proper food handling from the beginning to the end when the food is leaving the kitchen.
* Attend all weekly management meetings and corporate meetings that are scheduled. Hold monthly mandatory kitchen meetings and address all issues that arise.
* Coordinate the ordering of items with the purchaser on a daily basis.
* Create weekly employee schedule.
* Prevent breakage by monitoring kitchen crew.
* Inspire and motivate kitchen staff.
* Continuously monitor and assist daily labor and food cost reporting sheets to ensure costs are trending within budgeted parameters.
* Review monthly profit and loss statement and acts on all variances.