A global tribe of individuals, partners, and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences, and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery, and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences, and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Beverage, perform all duties and is Responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of bar operations and beverage outlets, while maintaining a profitable operation and high-quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Duties & Functions:
* Promote bar business and continually increase database contacts
* Ensure the bar ethos is in line with MHG standards are consistently maintained
* Ensure and promote compliance with all local liquor, health, and sanitation regulations
* Manage and provide direction to all bar employees on the floor during shifts and events
* Hold staff accountable to uphold uniform and grooming standards to the highest level
* Ensure that staff receives consistent and proper communication (verbal, email, memos, etc)
* Monitor departments performance with respect to the bar's budget
* Monitor and maintain proper inventory to ensure it's in line with the budgeted cost of sales
* Seek out and produce events to generate revenues for the property
* Hold staff accountable for giving an Engaging Dynamic Guest Experience to all guests on property
* Consistently monitor the quality of service and product delivered on property
* Collaborate on needs of departmental staff scheduling
* Instruct staff in ongoing training to uphold service standards
* Coordinate menu sponsorship deals and menu product placement
* Act as the direct liaison to the Engineering and Housekeeping Departments in regards to maintenance of the property's functionality and overall look.
* Interview employees and provide input on talent selection
* Assess employee performance and provide feedback annually and throughout the year
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or related field preferred
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high-level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relation
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
* Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends, and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow MHG policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.