Deschutes Brewery is recruiting for a talented and experienced Sous Chef to join our Portland Pub! The ideal candidate is one who is driven, excels in a fast-paced kitchen, and is committed to the highest standards of quality and presentation with a guest first focus. This person will serve as a leader on our Back of House (BOH) leadership team. This is a full-time benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee stock ownership, and paid vacation.
* Provide support and motivation to all Back of House (BOH) employees to maintain our quality standards and expected presentation; teach cooking techniques, food preparation and plating
* Create daily food specials from scratch
* Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen and equipment
* Mentor and train all BOH staff, ensuring Deschutes Brewery quality standards are met
* Manage all kitchen operations in the executive chef's absence
What's In It For You?
* Competitive Compensation
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
* Heath Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Assistance Accounts
* 401(k) with 4% company match
* Employee Stock Ownership (you get to be a co-owner of Deschutes Brewery!!)
* Free Deschutes Brewery Beer
* 5 years of line cooking experience, preferably in a fast-paced, full service establishment, or equivalent combination of experience and education (such as a Culinary degree)
* 2+ years kitchen management experience preferred
* Valid Oregon Food Handlers or Serve Safe permit
* Valid OLCC permit, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact to discuss your application.