Gaia is looking for our next Café Employee. It's a unique position where every customer is a regular, and you will be a part of Gaia's mission to empower the evolution of consciousness with your conscious attention to detailed service in the café. We are an innovative compilation of individuals each contributing to a greater goal - our subscribers' path to greater consciousness.
You are an extremely personable, enthusiastic, team player who is incredibly dependable and flexible. You work well with others and enjoy high standards alongside of coworkers and for the customer. You have a passion for organic, local and sustainable food. We are looking for someone with previous cashier and/or barista experience in a fast-paced environment with a desire to provide excellent service and an eye for detail.
* Verify cash drawer at beginning and end of shift
* Provide cashier service as needed
* Prepare the front of the house for breakfast and lunch
* Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas
* Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment
* Clean service or seating areas
* Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning
* Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them
* Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products
* Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
* Receive and process customer payments
* Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, bagels or cookies
* Assisting with special events as needed.
* Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting
* Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
* Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
* Assists in other areas as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
* Excellent customer service
* Must be able to multitask, organize and maintain a welcoming attitude.
* Prior cashiering experience
* Basic math skills
* Outstanding customer service attitude
* High school education or equivalent required
* 2 years of food service experience required
* English fluency required
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other MS Window operations preferred
* Serve Safe certifications preferred
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
* Must have a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
More About Gaia
Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won't touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia's library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is "to empower the evolution of consciousness."
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.