Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded, independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative, cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a fundamental part of our commitment.
The Food & Beverage Manager is primarily responsible for planning and managing the Restaurant(s), Room Service, Lounge(s), and Banquet in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals. This position is also responsible for the short-term planning and managing the operations of the Restaurant(s), Room Service Lounge(s), ), and Banquet recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes, prepares forecasts, implements, monitors and controls the budgets for the various outlets, and ensuring staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guests needs are met. This role manages the resort's food and beverage services team ensuring compliance and that Performance Hospitality's high standards of service are met.
Junior Sous Chef
Job Summary: Junior Sous Chef mentored by the Executive Chef to be responsible for training, supervising and working with all cooks and culinary staff to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes in order to create quality food products.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises line cooks, prep cooks, sanitation, and all line level front of the house associates.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
AVERAGE % OF TIME
50% Assign, in detail, specific duties to all employees for efficient operation of the kitchen. Visually inspect, select and use only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Read and employ math skills for following recipes. Process requisitions for supplies. Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality. Ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with health department regulations.
30% Select, train and supervise kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items. Schedule culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line. Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in and reach-in boxes for safety reasons. Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing. Report any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service. Perform other duties as necessary and assigned, such as V.I.P. parties and staff meetings. Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
10% Attend all scheduled training sessions and meetings as required. Comply with all company's policies and procedures on a regular basis. Perform any other job-related duties as deemed necessary.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA's):
Command of the English language both written and verbal. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to work beyond standard hours when necessary, including evenings, weekends and holidays, to accommodate the guests' needs. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to operate personal computer and calculator. Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes. Ability to stand, stoop, bend, walk during entire shift and to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Our guests are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Performance Hospitality staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Performance Hospitality associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day. In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of the utmost importance to Performance Hospitality. Every Performance Hospitality associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
High School Diploma or equivalent; A degree from a post-secondary culinary arts program a plus. A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Sous Chef in a high volume, upscale restaurant encompassing all phases of food preparation and kitchen operation a must.
Benefits We Offer
* Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
* Express Yourself! We promote self-expression & individuality via our Self-expression Uniform Program, which offers a variety of uniform options to mix and match in a way that better expresses you! "We want you to be yourself; everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde
* Meal on Us! Enjoy a complimentary meal during most shifts.
* Be Recognized! Earn Starfish Reward points redeemable for a variety of gift cards
* Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home property).
* We Invest in Your Future Success! Become a department trainer - Join our Job Coach Program.
* Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars, e-learning courses).
* Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year.
* Employee Social Events! Quarterly Themed Luncheons; Formal End-of-year Celebration
* Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
* Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance Program.
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.