The Executive Meeting Manager is responsible for proactively prospecting facilitating and closing group and catering business opportunities as well as event execution for their assigned hotel(s). Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
* High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 1 year of experience as a Sales Manager Catering Sales Manager or Sales Coordinator.
* Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening probing supporting closing
* Experience in internet research and database mining
* Must possess developed verbal and written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
* Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
* Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organization and presentation skills
* Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
* Demonstrates vertical flexibility uses an analytical approach portrays a genuine style and is strategically proactive
* Skills for problem-solving analysis effective decision-making negotiation and interpretation of contracts
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers clients and other employees of the organization
* Knowledge of hotel features benefits and competing hotels within the market
* Effectively attain assigned sales and revenue goals as well as solicitation call goals.
* Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
* Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality's established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
* Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
* Follows proper event management procedures for event execution to include but not limited to BEO creation F&B forecasting resume communication and room block management
* Accurately produces and/or reviews all catering contracts and/or banquet/catering event orders
* Listens and reads the customer; identifies needs and responds accordingly
* Prospects for new business through individual creativity and innovation; identifies potential leads by using a wide variety of means/tools.
* Weighs the value of each piece of business against hotel objectives at daily RevMax meeting
* Utilizes yield management techniques by negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance
* Uses Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
* Understands revenue management principles analyzes trends and patterns in relation to pricing and can discuss impact on hotel occupancy revenue and flow through
* Understands sales strategies and tactics of competitor hotels; effectively capitalizes on hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses
* Looks for ways to improve processes and enhance sales systems
* Responds to all leads and RFPs within 24 hours
* Maintains accurate and timely internal hotel communication
* Conducts site inspections local sales calls and attends appropriate trade shows and client events
* Promotes hotel through personal involvement in community and business networking organizations
* Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
* Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
* Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
The Beeman Hotel includes an indoor swimming pool. Dallas Love Field airport, just 6 miles away.
Unique décor and modern furnishings are showcased in each guest room at the Beeman Hotel. All rooms are appointed with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a coffee machine.
Fax and photocopy services as well as internet access are available in the hotel's 24-hour business center. The on-site fitness facilities are fitted with a full set of cardio machines.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan