About our Company:
Life gathers around water in Texas, and Hotel Magdalena honors our spring-fed culture and the community that grows near it. The design of the 89-room hotel honors the local lake house ethos of the 1970's, situated amongst rolling grounds and natural beauty inspired by Texas. The Magdalena is home to a restaurant and poolside bar, and several other spaces for hosting events and hanging out. The hotel is located on Music Lane just off South Congress.
Hotel Magdalena is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We're Looking for Someone With:
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Six (6) months related experience in hospitality or service industry
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
* Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns, inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
* Provide guests with menus
* Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
* Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs
* Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup
* Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to respond to complaints
* Receive and record patrons' dining reservations
* Maintain contact with Kitchen staff, management, Serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed
* Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features
* Direct patrons to waiting areas such as lounges
* Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages (if applicable)
* Prepare cash receipts after establishments close
* Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room staff to ensure that patrons receive prompt and courteous service
* Help hire and train other Hosts and Hostesses
* Assist in planning functions or other special events and services
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
* Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Short Term Disability coverage
* Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
* Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
* 401k with company matching
* Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
* BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
* CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
* BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
* EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
* LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.