POSITION: Regional Sales Manager - Food Service CENTRAL
LOCATION: Residence in Central US- Ideally near a major airport- CO, CHI, TX
ROLE TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Head of Foodservice
Vive Organic is on a mission to spark the wellness journey for all. Using Earth's most powerful super-foods, we've embarked on a path to concentrate this power into convenient, organic 2oz Wellness Shots. It all started in April 2016 and it's been a non-stop ride of growth since. With an experienced and passionate team behind the company, national retail partners, and a strong team of investors supporting our mission, we are well positioned for growth. We truly believe that our incredible team is our "secret sauce" and are looking for one more upbeat, creative, smart, passionate, thoughtful, wellness-obsessed, go-getter. Vive Organic values diversity, including diversity of thought.
As a member of the sales team in Food Service, you will be responsible for securing new accounts and new distribution in your region while building a winning track record that can be leveraged across the entire channel. You will engage and support Food Service chains of all formats - retail and back of house. You will understand and be responsible for business flowing through redistributors, distributors, operators, and contracted major accounts within your region. You will establish routes to market with regional and broadline distributors for our perishable shots, that require Cold Chain distribution. You will collaborate with a broker network to help expand the sales funnel and make introductions easier. You will be supported by a world class team of sales leaders and founders who are committed to success.
What you will bring to the table:
Responsible for Sales in the Food Service Channel- Central
- Central geography is defined from ND to TX
- Identify and partner with retailers in the Food Service channel to drive new distribution, develop solid customer relationships, maximizing sales through strong velocity with all Vive formats.
- Establish distributor relations, attend launches, frequently meet with distribution partners to grow distributor sales and relationships.
- Strong follow up to ensure strategy leads to successful tactical execution!
- Responsible for creating exceptional selling decks that lead to customer acceptance.
- Ability to hire and manage a small team of sales managers within the region.
- Dynamically engage with customers and internal team members to close the deal & bring product to market effectively and quickly.
- Strong communication skills to help ensure we are achieving goals in your region and with customers.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with brokers to ensure we strategically secure new distribution and deliver gross and net sales objectives.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize data to tell a compelling data story
- Ability to think out of the box and ensure resources are leveraged to solidify success and generate positive ROI
- An eye for branding within foodservice accounts and building relationships with deep roots in partnering with customers to create positive financial outcomes as well as brand loyalty.
- Strong negotiation skills with our customers to maximize contribution margin for Vive
- Creativity to build promotional activities, tailor selling styles, meet the needs of customers in sales process.
- Creates Win-Win solutions to ensure both Vive Organic and our retailer partners achieve mutual goals.
- Complete applicable reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys and reports as required.
What you will need to succeed:
- All-star team player: Thrive in a highly driven yet collaborative environment
- Clear communicator - must have stellar communication with customers and also be able to clearly and concisely share information internally.
- Lifetime learner- Curiosity and self-driven interest in discovering new avenues for success.
- Problem solver - able to face any challenge with a positive attitude
- Relationship oriented - always wanting the best for our customers and each other
- Flexible - pivot as needed to achieve success for the business
- Thrive on feedback- Ability to receive and give feedback in a low ego, supportive environment
- Negotiator - frugal and treats company money as a precious resource to be invested and measured for ROI
- Financial Acumen - understanding of the channel, Vive strategy, and the risk reward decisions of incremental investment.
- Ability to travel 50%, primarily within your specified region.
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of successful Food Service experience selling into the channel and multiple retailers
- Preference for existing Food Service relationships in defined territory to include distributors, and retailers.
- Preference for Cold Chain (Perishable Product) experience but not required
- Prior experience as a "Hunter" in a Foodservice Sales role, bringing in business within your territory.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Everyone at Vive Organic must embody our Core Values
Competitive Base + Bonus + Benefits (401K, Healthcare) + Equity + Flexible Work Environment awarded to the right candidate. Along with the ability to work with a passionate team backed by industry leading advisors in the Natural Food & Beverage Industry.