The Brand Manager plays a critical role in the development and execution of the Company's new product strategy and pipeline, and therefore, is a key player in enabling the company to achieve our future growth targets.
Responsible for developing brand and product strategies that drive breakthrough growth through consumer-driven innovation. Lead a team of cross-functional partners through execution of new product development and commercialization, marketing and promotion campaigns, packaging, retail programs and consumer marketing. Maintain accountability for full product and project P&L, including pricing, spending, and cost improvement.
This individual will be working directly with our Sales Team and with our Direct Store Delivery (DSD) partners through execution of new product development, commercialization, promotion campaigns and retail programs.
The brand manager will report to the VP Corporate Marketing, Colombina HQ.
- Working with management and internal partners to help set a winning business/market strategy, aligning with market trends and needs and Colombina corporate strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of brand strategy across US and Canada and specific product development projects, building full 360° plans with the objective to drive growth and maximize brand equity and presence; to increase market share, brand awareness, revenue, and profitability.
- Working with R&D, Sales, management, and customers to create product definitions for high value, differentiated solutions that cover significant market segments.
- Aligning the requirements of new opportunities with technical marketing, program management and R&D.
- Ensure brand continuity and accuracy, along with proper use of brand logos, sub-brands, naming conventions, fonts, colors, imagery, etc. based on the brand guidelines. Manage packaging and graphics development, with internal or external design agency.
- Implement agreed action plans, including consumer promotion, sponsorships, web/internet marketing and advertising development.
- Supervise the proper preparation of presentations and execution of local and national sales promotional programs along with business reviews to major accounts through their sales network
- Research and monitor industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities.
- Develop strong consumer insights to inform and optimize brand campaigns, messaging, innovation, marketing strategy, and brand positioning to build equity and brand affinity.
- Conduct action-oriented analysis and/or research to uncover key issues to address or areas of opportunity.
- Work with internal departments to identify, analyze and implement programs based on consumer insight and trend data into tangible, strategic plans.
- Assess consumer opportunities that are currently untapped by the company to identify new volume and sales growth.
- Lead the development of the annual Marketing-Trade-Promotional Budget; optimizing the spend while meeting key P&L metrics.
- Consistent P&L management including individual project budgets, aligning quotes, job numbers, invoices, and deliverables.
- Project Management - manage several different Brand initiatives / projects simultaneously, working cross functionally to deliver on commitments.
- Develop processes necessary to accomplish assigned projects from inception to execution including development of communications plan and execution of all elements.
- Lead cross-functional teams on work assignments and tasks; provide direction and manage timeline milestones to achieve KPIs and desired objectives responsible for U.S. & Canada
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in Consumer Goods Industry
- Bachelor's degree required. Business management/marketing discipline preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is required.
- Ability to keep a large number of projects/tasks going; multi-tasking, working under tight timelines.
- Good Communication, Team-Working and Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills in managing/influencing teams
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive High-energy and collaborative team player
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.