Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 26 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their "uniquely local" community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
The Procurement Buyer is an integral contributor supporting all hotel properties across North America. This Team Member ensures all aspects of Purchasing are handled in a timely, professional and accurate manner. Critical responsibilities include accuracy of creation/editing of product adds, issuing and follow-up of all purchase orders for assigned properties and a high level of customer service provided to both internal customers and external suppliers. The Procurement Buyer reports to the Procurement Manager.
* Monitors purchase orders created daily to ensure purchase orders meet vendor requirements and product is delivered accurately and on time.
* Responsible for follow-up on all purchase orders for their respective assigned hotels including Capital, Food and Beverage and Operating Supplies and Equipment (OS&E).
* For OS&E, Team Members are responsible for logging information related to the PO including confirmations, tracking info, ETA, proof of delivery, and proof of approvals.
* Responsible for purchase order discrepancy review and resolution including Returned Material Authorization processing.
* Processes purchase orders in accordance to Loews audit standards and procedures.
* Seeks efficiencies in processing orders within the Procure to Pay cycle.
* Maintains the accuracy of the data within procurement system relating to product specifications and vendor information.
* Maintains high standards of customer service to our internal and external customers regarding orders and delivery of product to the hotels.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers for respective assigned hotels.
* Accountable for achievement of metrics and targets associated with the position.
* HIgh School Diploma or its equivalent