" JOB SUMMARY: Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
* Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
* Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
* Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Horseshoe Bay Resort standards.
* Control proper usage and rotation of food.
* Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
* Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on HSB Resort culinary operations or our members and guests.
* Minimum age requirement - 18+
* Food Handler's Certificate
* High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
* Valid driver's license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier required.
* Encourage OSHA Hazard Communication Standard training and certification.
Integrity - Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
Safety - Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)