About our Company:
Life gathers around water in Texas, and Hotel Magdalena honors our spring-fed culture and the community that grows near it. The design of the 89-room hotel honors the local lake house ethos of the 1970's, situated amongst rolling grounds and natural beauty inspired by Texas. The Magdalena is home to a restaurant and poolside bar, and several other spaces for hosting events and hanging out. The hotel is located on Music Lane just off South Congress.
Hotel Magdalena is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We're Looking for someone with:
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Six (6) months related experience in hospitality or service industry
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
* Escort customers to their tables
* Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
* Describe and recommend wines to customers
* Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
* Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
* Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required
* Inform customers of daily specials
* Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff
* Take orders from patrons for food or beverage
* Must see to each guests special needs (i.e. dietary, splitting dishes, paying special attention to children)
* Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving
* Assist with running of food
* Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
* Manage order times and informs guests of any delays in service and informs management
* Suggests and describes desserts or coffee at the completion of the guests' meal
* Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes
* Collect payments from customers
* Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning
* Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining
* Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware
* Perform food and beverage preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, brewing coffee, preparing hot or cold drinks, chilling wine
* Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
* Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers
* Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
* Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Short Term Disability coverage
* Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
* Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
* 401k with company matching
* Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
* BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
* CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
* BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
* EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
* LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.