WHO WE ARE
We're not in the wing business. We're in the flavor business. It's been our mission To Serve the World Flavor since we first opened in 1994, and we're just getting started. 1997 saw the opening of our first brand partner operated Wingstop location, and by 2002 we had served the world one billion wings. It's flavor that defines us and has made Wingstop one of the fastest growing brands in the restaurant industry.
Above all else - our success is largely due to our people and our core values, or what we call The Wingstop Way, of being entrepreneurial, service-minded, fun and authentic. We believe having a strong people foundation centered on these collective values creates a crave-worthy culture and talented team, as well as ensures our brand is poised for accelerated growth. We all win together.
We are seeking an International Restaurant Systems Senior Analyst to positively impact user experience and company growth by providing ongoing analysis, documentation, testing, deployment and enhancements related to the system platforms across Wingstop restaurants located in our international markets. Collaboration with cross-functional teams, 3rd party platform providers, and other business partners will be critical to understanding the needs of the business and translating those needs into actionable plans for implementation, particularly with eCommerce and website experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Gather business and technical requirements for changes to the Website, eCommerce, BI, and other restaurant technology systems, as well as assist in the documentation and testing therof, according to company requirements.
- Lead cross-functional meetings and drive team alignment on business objectives with key business partners.
- Collaborate with 3rd party platform providers to share requirements and build an integrated deployment strategy.
- Facilitate the troubleshooting of system problems with SME's, and work with vendors to resolve support issues.
- Represent the IT Team at project planning and implementation meetings.
- Create and update technical documentation, user manuals, slide presentations, KnowledgeBase articles, and other materials as needed.
- Convey platform capabilities to Operations, Marketing, and other teams within the organization.
- Develop platform roadmaps that aligns with business goals.
- Evaluate problems and recommend solutions based upon system knowledge and anticipated business needs.
- Monitor site activity and diagnose problems/surface opportunities using advanced analytical skills.
- Analyze and report system performance, metrics, and KPI's via reporting channels. Produce a quarterly review to share with stakeholders to demonstrate accountability to shared goals.
- Define, establish, and implement "best practices," policies, and procedures for systems in a continuous-improvement environment to provide a great user experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- HUMBLE: You feel there is always opportunity to further your personal and professional growth. You have a Bachelor's Degree in IT and/or advanced IT-related certification(s).
- HUNGRY: You have a fire in you to keep pursuing excellence, particularly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have 5+ years of systems analyst experience with restaurant technology systems platforms, including website, eCommerce, and BI. You also have 3+ years of leading systems projects in an integrated, multi-unit retail or restaurant environment. Ideally, you have 2+ years supporting international markets.
- SMART: You have a high degree of emotional intelligence, an exceptional ability to convey ideas and gain alignment among others, and the aptitude to apply sound, strategic thinking and analysis to address a variety of business circumstances.
- SERVICE-MINDED: You consider others at every turn by exercising your responsibilities in an energetic, proactive and organized way.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: You work with an owner's mentality when collaborating cross-functionally as you manage multiple concurrent projects from inception through execution.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
So, what does 'all in a day's work' look like to a Wing Expert in this role? Your day could shape up somewhat like this:
- Frequent use of a computer and other technology essential to the successful completion of your everyday role responsibilities, often in a seated position.
- Frequent use of mental energy while expressing or exchanging ideas and information with cross-functional colleagues, vendors, and extended Wingstop team.
- Routine need to shift priorities among simultaneous projects, while upholding quality and sense of urgency.
- Routine need to maintain schedule flexibility while working across international time zones. (Example: A typical week might include a 6:30am call to the UK on Tuesday, as well as a 7pm call on Thursday to Singapore.)
Wingstop provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.