What We Do
Swimply is a Venture backed online marketplace that allows owners of underutilized swimming pools to monetize their pools' downtime by sharing them locally by the hour. Think Airbnb, but for swimming pools.The Role
You are the your Los Angeles and it's surrounding areas best friend. You live & breath the market and focus on growing both the supply & demand based on company priorities. You understand the Southern California market users and their patterns and bring that insight into the overall growth strategy and execution. You are a Market Guru who identifies unique patterns and have all the answers for maturing the market.
In this role, you will report directily to the Vp of Growth and will be responsible for growing the Swimply community in your geographic region through daily engagement with Swimply hosts & guest and carrying out local marekign proejcts. Your goal is to help more pool owners in your assigned geographic region discover Swimply, onboard them onto the platform, learn hosting best practices, and help them maximize their earnings potential on Swimply and figure out creative ways for guests to book them (and book them again)
Specific responsibilities include
Forming strategic local Partnerships
Growth guerrilla marketing projects (street teams, events, parties, local media)
Managing pool utilization and availability
Photography projects on existing pools
Utilization to availability ratio
Coming up with awesome ideas to grow your market
What success looks like
- You will expand Swimply host base and increase bookings through outreach (email, phone calls, SMS) to prospects to help them become aware of Swimply and the value our platform will bring to them.
- .You will work with our success team to ensure quality supply in your region
- You will work with hosts to ensure availability of their pools (both extended hours & daily availability) to prepare for high demand and peak season periods.
- Your and Swimply's success is tied to operating in a highly-collaborative way. You will be partnering with other Regional Market Managers as well as Marketing, Customer Service, Product and Engineering teams in order to coordinate and execute faster. You will share your learnings and best practices during weekly meetings, including sharing feedback from the host community in your region.
- You execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. No task is too small for you as you're solely focused on growing a thriving host community in your region. When you see an opportunity, you go for it.
- You will host local and virtual events to build community for hosts in your assigned region.
- During Swimply's seasonal surge or peak hours, you may be expected to roll up your sleeves and handle any issues that need to be resolved including handling CS support tickets whether it be a guest or host issue (AKA all hands on decyou wi
- Los Angeles based
- Great communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate through a variety of channels including, email, phone, in person, and text
- Previous experience in a Account Management and/or Customer service role
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good decision making abilities
- Comfortable using technology and systems
- Collaborative and a team player
- Professional, courteous, and ideally inspiring
- You bring energy and hustle to your roles, and don't limit yourself to "how things have always been done". You carve new paths to prove that there's a better way.
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level tactical needs.
- Strong aptitude to effectively prioritize work and focus on achieving clearly defined goals.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment that is fully distributed
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.It's an excellent time to join because
- You'll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You'll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our company culture, core values, and who we end up hiring
- You'll significantly influence the business and product roadmap as we scale
- You'll experience massive growth opportunities as the company grows and matures
- You'll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools ), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You'll be working directly with the founders and an executive team that has startup experience and scaled billion dollar companies
- We offer competitive market salaries, equity and benefits (including medical, dental, life insurance)
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance in exchange for some pool time. Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. Our current focus is on swimming pools but we will incrementally expand the platform to include all kinds of underutilized spaces (so long as they're awesome).
We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community.
We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button -from their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredible rapid growth (4,000% YoY), largely driven by customer love, word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months, over 3,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 45,000 transactions have been completed (up from 1,000 transactions in 2019), and over 200,000 swimmers have enjoyed a stranger's p