Welcome to sbe! A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
C3 by sbe is a cutting edge food and beverage platform consisting of an array of limited service culinary brands. C3 is focused on disrupting the food & beverage industry by capitalizing on rapidly evolving customer preferences such as food halls, ghost kitchens and mobile delivery.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife and retail, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kitchen Lead - EllaMia (Sacramento, Palo Alto, Chicago, Seattle)
If you love growing a team and creating extraordinary customer experiences, come work at EllaMia / C3 by sbe . We're looking for passionate and ambitious individuals to assit in leading operations in Sacramento, CA - Palo Alto, CA - Seattle, WA - Chicago, IL.
Responsible for preparing ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications. Able to work efficiently and quickly and adhere to hygiene and cleanliness standards. This position requires to be able to follow directions, stay organized, and be punctual.
* Perform routine kitchen tasks as required by Kitchen Manager.
* Follow the prep list by conducting "on-hands" of product and producing product as directed by the Kitchen Manager.
* Label and stock all ingredients on shelves using FIFO so they can be organized and easily accessible.
* Measure and weight ingredients per prep recipes to make product.
* Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep.
* Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes
* Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
* Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
* Follows daily opening and closing duties set by Kitchen Manager.
* Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Food handler's card.
* Strong understanding of restaurant health and safety regulations.
* Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
* Good math skills and strong understanding of cooking measurement and tools.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Effective communication skills.
* Strong dexterity skills to operate cutting tools safely.
* Excellent knife skills.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language. This position requires a minimum of conversational Spanish. Bi-lingual in the Spanish language preferred (If applicable).
* Covid-19 Precautions-This position will be based in the restaurant. Personal protective equipment is always required, as well as adhering to CDC guidelines, following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures.
* Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States.
* Minimum age requirements may apply depending on concept.
The physical demands for this position are standing, walking, bending, lifting, and moving on an ongoing basis during working hours in a fast paced environment. The physical requirements can be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Candidates understand that the business concept is based on a hospitality and lifestyle brand, which includes the service of food and alcoholic beverages. Candidates acknowledge and understand that accepting employment with the Company, may require presence at a venue, which may include exposure to the following: smoke from cigarettes and cigars; loud music and other sounds; individuals under the influence of alcohol; women and men in sexy and/or sexually provocative clothing.
We have a policy of zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination by any employee, vendor or guest. Nothing herein shall prevent or discourage an employee from notifying the Company if they are exposed to conduct of any type which makes them feel uncomfortable when performing their job duties.
This job description has been approved by the Company. Please note this job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature, level and expectation of the work to be performed. It is not designed to cover a complete list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or activities associated with this position, as they may change at any time, with or without notice.