The Gallery Host creates the Hyatt experience for our guests by offering guests a larger than home experience with welcoming helpful and exceptional service while maintaining a clean comfortable and inviting environment.
* A minimum of one month of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Previous customer service experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
* Requires strong ability to read write and speak the English language.
* Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position with constant guest interaction
* Must possess basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
* Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
* Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
* Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether oral or written.
* Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
* Assist guests with check in and check out processes (verifying registration address and credit information balancing bank posting charges). Go above and beyond to provide assistance i.e. assist with luggage coffee directions wake up calls future reservations etc.
* Provide information to guest and visitor inquiries; coordinates all guest requests for special arrangement of services courteously and efficiently informs guests of hotel services features and room amenities.
* Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt standards.
* Prepare set up stock take down clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the POS system.
* Assist guests with food orders and serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly professional and timely manner. Use suggestive selling techniques. Maintain a clean organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
* Follow Hyatt operational policies and procedures including those for cash and credit card handling safety and security and all other policies procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests' expectations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Hyatt House Branchburg is nestled in the quiet and beautifully landscaped location in the heart of Branchburg, NJ convenient to Bridgewater, Somerville, Whitehouse Station, and Flemington. We are centrally located near many great attractions including Ryland Inn and Diamond Nation. Our Branchburg hotel offers guests a modern and quiet place to stay with great amenities including free breakfast, WiFi, and parking, fitness center, outdoor pool, free shuttle service (5mi radius), and 24hr dining.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan