Performance Food Group's, Performance Business Solutions department has an exciting new opportunity for an Accountant on the Fixed Assets team. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of supporting finance and accounting for PFG locations. This position is located in Denver CO. Training will be on-site and remote work will be evaluated once training has been completed.
The Accountant position will be responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset subledger, including processing various subledger transactions in the accounting system.
- Process capital requests from the field (operating companies). This includes monitoring and tracking the capital budgets for each operating company.
- Fixed Asset reconciliations.
- Track project spend in comparison to the capital budget.
- Variance analysis between subledger and CIP accounts.
- Review of invoices in capital-in-process account for capitalization.
- Prepare and review schedules for internal/external auditors in connection with reviews/audits.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and reporting deadlines.
- Interface with and support field and corporate finance personnel.
- Ensure transactions are performed within a sound internal control environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance
- Three (3) years of General Accounting experience in a high-volume transaction environment. Fixed Asset experience a plus.
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment.
- Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
- Strong analytical and computer skills. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and major ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of complex financial information.
- Public accounting and/or foodservice distribution experience a plus.