WHO WE ARE
We're not in the wing business. We're in the flavor business. It's been our mission To Serve the World Flavor since we first opened in 1994, and we're just getting started. 1997 saw the opening of our first brand partner operated Wingstop location, and by 2002 we had served the world one billion wings. It's flavor that defines us and has made Wingstop one of the fastest growing brands in the restaurant industry.
Above all else - our success is largely due to our people and our core values, or what we call The Wingstop Way, of being entrepreneurial, service-minded, fun and authentic. We believe having a strong people foundation centered on these collective values creates a crave-worthy culture and talented team, as well as ensures our brand is poised for accelerated growth. We all win together.
We are seeking a Manager, Non-Traditional Development to be the primary point of contact for the expansion of Wingstop into non-traditional restaurant locations, such as airports, on-campus dining, military bases, sport stadiums, etc. This role partners with internal and external functions for all facets of the non-traditional franchise development process including lead generation, qualifying, and closing prospects. This role will be based at the Global Support Center in Dallas, TX.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as the first point of contact for non-traditional franchise inquiries and make determination as to pre-qualification status to become a Wingstop Brand Partner (AKA, franchisee).
- Drive and facilitate recruitment and sales process with prospective non-traditional Brand Partners from start to finish, to include qualifying, disclosure, discovery, through the signing of agreements.
- Create executive summary of prospective Brand Partners to facilitate the final approval process.
- Work in conjunction with the VP of New Franchise Development to establish sales objectives for each channel of business.
- Develop strategy and tactics for the sales plan to achieve objectives.
- Execute the strategic sales plan to effectively build a robust sales pipeline to achieve the development plan.
- Present specific opportunities to leadership team, through complete project presentation and RFP requirements, as applicable.
- Maintain and update information required for and by the FDD.
- Manage the attendance, selection and invitation process for Discovery Day for all prospective non-traditional Brand Partners.
- Remain up-to-date on franchise and licensing regulations, laws, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- HUMBLE: You feel there is always opportunity to further your personal and professional growth. Preferably, you have a Bachelor Degree in Business and, perhaps you even have (or are working towards earning) your Certified Franchise Executive (CFE). Valid U.S. driver license is required.
- HUNGRY: You have a fire in you to keep pursuing excellence, particularly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have 5+ years of non-traditional franchise sales experience in a multi-unit franchise restaurant organization, ideally with an airport concentration. Membership or participation in professional organizations including ACI-NA, AMAC, ARN Conference, NACAS, NIGA, G2E Expo strongly preferred.
- SMART: You have a high degree of emotional intelligence, a demonstrated capability to appropriately handle confidential information, and an exceptional ability to convey ideas and gain alignment among others, and the aptitude to apply sound, strategic thinking to address a variety of business circumstances. You exhibit a calm, patient demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- SERVICE-MINDED: You consider others at every turn by exercising your responsibilities in an energetic, proactive and organized way. You have a collaborative, people-focused nature, and you apply objective, sound judgment when making key decisions.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL: You work with an owner's mentality as you manage multiple concurrent projects from inception through execution, while never losing sight of your prospective Brand Partners or goals. You are a quick thinker with high energy and an efficient mindset. You have a positive, "get it done" attitude.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
So, what does 'all in a day's work' look like to a Wing Expert in this role? Your day could shape up somewhat like this:
- Frequent use of a computer and other technology essential to the successful completion of your everyday role responsibilities, often in a seated position.
- Frequent use of mental energy while expressing or exchanging ideas and information with colleagues, Brand Partners, and extended Wingstop team.
- Routine use of physical energy while traveling throughout the region (50-75%) and working extended hours as needed.
- Routine need to shift priorities among simultaneous projects, while upholding quality and sense of urgency.
Wingstop provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.