The House Person is responsible for maintaining proper cleanliness of guest floors assisting Room Attendants in maintaining guestrooms, and responding to guest requests to achieve high guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Exceptional communication skills and enjoy caring for others and working in a fast-paced environment.
* Positive friendly and upbeat with the ability to deliver service authentically and looking to make a career in hospitality
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail speed and accuracy
* Ability to move perform frequent and repetitive movements including bending and stooping
* Must be able to lift push and pull a moderate weight frequently
* Ability to scrub and scour surfaces extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks and work in confined spaces.
* Ability to follow instructions directions and meet deadlines including the thorough cleaning of the minimum number of rooms assigned
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
* Previous cleaning experience preferred
* Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning evening night and weekend shifts
* Clean assigned guestrooms in accordance with company standards (changing bed linen cleaning bathrooms vacuuming dusting etc.)
* Replenish amenities and supplies in assigned guestrooms
* Stock and maintain Housekeeping cart
* Report maintenance issues to Supervisor immediately
* Greet guests in hallways and public areas in a pleasant and friendly manner and offering assistance
* Ensure special requests are noted and fulfilled
* Answer questions about the hotel the hotel-brand standards such as art travel and related topics as well as the unique characteristics of the hotel
* Answer questions about local area attractions and things to do
* Communicate with all departments regarding in house VIPs and any special requests/needs
* Provide information regarding property events outlets amenities and directions and ascertain which services could enhance the guests' stay
* As required deliver guest newspapers messages packages amenities or other items requested by guests or team members
* Store and retrieve luggage or packages for guests from the appropriate storage areas as needed.
* Maintain presence during peak traffic periods
* Interact with hotel associates in a professional manner assisting other departments with necessary information
* Manage and resolve all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
* Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive clear speaking voice
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and things to do around the hotel.
This hotel functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and we schedule as business dictates. Must be willing to work mornings, nights, weekends and major holidays
The Westin Portland Harborview provides travelers a perfect vantage point to explore Maine's largest city. Originally opened in 1927 as the Eastland Park Hotel, this historic hotel has been immaculately restored. Visitors can take a short walk to discover the Old Port and some of the best restaurants, retail shops, museums and artistic venues in Maine. Guests will leave feeling better than when they arrived when they stay over in our plush rooms and suites. Each of the guest rooms feature a stunning view of downtown, the harbor or Casco Bay. Guests can enjoy a thoroughly satisfying night's sleep in a Westin Heavenly® Bed. They can re-energize in our state-of-the-art Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio or relax with a massage, manicure and more at Artné Spa. We offer on-site dining, including the timelessly chic Top of the East rooftop restaurant with panoramic views. Weddings and meetings thrive here with nearly 15,000 square feet of event space and a spectacular grand ballroom.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan