The Kitchen Manager manages the day to day activities in the kitchen to ensure all activities take place without concern. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
* High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of experience in stewarding kitchen maintenance kitchen operations or similar with at least one year experience in a supervisory capacity.
* Knowledge of food and beverage service operation preferred.
* Complies with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
* Demonstrates familiarity with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
* Has or can acquire Food Manager Certification (applicable state).
* Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
* Controls and analyzes cost breakage and quality support provided to outlets banquets and other areas of all china glass and silver. Assists the Executive Chef maintain the culinary supplies.
* Monitors condition and cleanliness of equipment
* Monitors condition and cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
* Monitors cooking procedures safety measures kitchen inventory kitchen budget.
* Recommends cleaning projects to Outlets Manager.
* Participates in the preparation of the annual stewarding operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the Food & Beverage Department
* Educates associates on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
* Informs management of hazardous situations emergencies or threats to security of guests employees or hotel assets
* Determines the minimum and maximum stock and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment.
* Leads supervises and directs the Stewarding department and prepares/conducts performance evaluations.
* Ensures all kitchen associates fulfill their job functions appropriately.
* Ensures the highest levels of sanitation and cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
* Purchases and stores food equipment and supplies as applicable and necessary.
* Works closely with engineering department and schedules preventative maintenance work as needed.
* Maintains costs by minimizing breakage loss and excessive chemical usage.
* Ensures the proper handling of all chemicals.
* Conducts and attends meetings as necessary.
* Assists with other duties as needed which may include but is not limited to providing assistance with food dish-up completing set-up sheets etc.
* Maintains open communication with other departments.
* Participates in the property manager on duty program as assigned.
Just minutes from the world's busiest airport, the Hotel Indigo® Atlanta Airport College Park hotel is nestled in an historic neighborhood with a thoughtful team ready to help visitors discover its charm. Our spacious guest rooms offer a chance to spread out after a day's journey, and our own Harvard & Main restaurant serves specialties that couldn't be any more local. Ingredients come from our on-site herb garden; we brew our own beer and even roast our own coffee. Similarly, our bar will spoil guests with personal service and tasty cocktails. For meetings, we offer 2800 square feet of available space, and for easy discovery of greater Atlanta, we're also a quick walk to the city's train system, MARTA.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan