Fleet Manager - Beverage Operations
Primary Function: Assists with the service training and development of all shipboard Beverage team members, ensuring service standards, revenues and costs are achieved and maintained within the targets established by the company. Provides general assistance to the Shoreside GEPD leadership team, and the Vice President - Hotel and F&B Operations.
· All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with HAL standards, USPH, HACCP, Environmental, Safety policies and procedures. Assists with establishing and maintaining standards for the consistent quality of beverage products and services.
· Monitors the performance of all beverage team members, and all other beverage related services, to ensure their duties and services are carried out in accordance with company policies and standards.
· Assists with implementing all beverage initiatives and programing.
· Assists with establishing procedures for minimum and maximum par stocks in all beverage outlets, as well as storerooms.
· Conducts formal and informal training sessions with all beverage team members in beverage awareness, basic service skills, beverage knowledge and appropriate sales techniques.
· Ensures that all cost control procedures are properly carried out to reduce overall costs for the department across the fleet.
· Assists with monitoring and maintenance of slow moving items, and works with teams to ensure old items are not being ordered.
· Conducts a general quality assurance audit on each vessel he/she visits.
· Conducts a physical beverage inventory (spot checks) on each visit to the vessel.
· Assists with establishing procedures for storeroom operations including ordering, receiving, issuing and inventory control.
· Advises on product and equipment specification.
· Ensure all efforts are made within the entire beverage department to meet and exceed revenue budgets and guest satisfaction.
· Establish guest service standards, which meet the needs of the target market and which are in line with the operating concept of all Beverage outlets of all vessels.
Hiring Criteria Required:
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
· College education - Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or Business management
· Minimum of 5 experience in a cruise ship and/or shoreside related management position
· Thorough knowledge of spirits, wine and beverage trends.
· Thorough knowledge of purchasing systems, records and procedures and equipment.
· Effective planner, implementer and problem solver.
· Knowledge of quality control standards and practices.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and personnel related issues.
· Ability to plan, organize and complete work in accordance with time deadlines.
· Ability to supervise, train and evaluate work staff.
· Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
· Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills
· Self-starter with proven motivational attributes to drive teamwork amongst a multi-national workforce
· Strategic planner, with an innovative, hands-on, practical management approach
· Flexibility to travel extensively and availability to work some weekends and holidays when required
· Adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards
· Good knowledge of USPH, sanitation and HACCP practices
· Excellent computer and associated technology skills
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.