We are looking for a Full Time Cook to join the Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry (OHP) team, who would be responsible for implementing menus, coordinating food preparation and serving meals. OHP is centrally located in Columbus, Ohio surrounded by approximately 70 counties from which referrals are made. We are a 130-bed free-standing behavioral health facility that provides a continuum of behavioral healthcare services for adults and senior adults. We provide crisis stabilization, medication management, group therapy, case management, and 24-hour nursing care in a safe, secure environment conducive to healing and recovery. OHP consists of five separate and distinct units, including:
• Geriatric Unit
• Adult Behavioral Unit
• Intensive Care Unit
• Dual Diagnosis Unit
• Intensive Outpatient Unit
Under general direction, the Cook would implement menus, coordinate food preparation and serve meals.
- Cook and prepare food according to approved menus.
- Direct activities of workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Work with Food Service leadership or Dietitian to ensure menus are varied, nutritionally balanced and appetizing.
- Perform and coordinate food production, cleaning, maintenance, and inventory control activities.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, quality standards, cost parameters, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Additional education or training in the culinary field preferred.
- Two or more years' experience in food service role in preparing food for institutions, such as school, hospital or cafeteria preferred.
- ServSafe Certification or similar food safety certification, where required by the state, facility.
Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our nurses and patient care staff. Current benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rates with shift differentials available
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunities that are second to none in the industry - Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)