is on a journey of enhancement: of curation and synthesis…of finding what defines their travels, and themselves.
At the Marriott Denver Tech Center Hotel, a member of Sage Hospitality, you are empowered and encouraged to create memorable and positive guest experiences with every guest every day. At Sage our experience is different. We are one of the nation's leading hotel and restaurant management and investment companies. Sage has a dynamic and progressive culture, is value oriented, customer service driven and brings together a team of people passionate about making a meaningful difference every day.
The Denver Marriott Tech Center features 605 guest rooms, over 49,000 square foot of meetings space, and a local Beer Garden. Located in the heart of the Denver Tech Center there is easy access to the light rail taking you right into Downtown Denver. It's also near Denver Tech Center's top attractions, including activities in Greenwood Village, Comedy Works, the Landmark Theater & Village Greens Park.
Come join us at the Marriott Denver Tech Center and become part of a diverse and dynamic team!
In your role at the Marriott Denver Tech Center, you will be enriching the lives of our fellow team members and our guests' one experience at a time. You play an important role in being a "Host" for our hotel by creating meaningful connections, responding to cues, and making it brilliant.
Perks and Benefits:
* Marriott and Sage Hotels and Restaurant Discounts Worldwide
* Competitive Benefits Package
* Dynamic Marriott Cultural Work Environment
* Free Parking
We dare to be different; not only in the experiences we provide our guests, but also in the experience we provide our associates. Being true to ourselves is simply a part of who we are. Together, we strive to create a community that is based on integrity, respect, creativity, and mutual support. Being a part of an organization where things matter is what our associates' value most.
* $200 sign on bonus, after 30 days, $100. After 90 days, $100.
Cleans and prepares guest rooms by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
* Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
* Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times. Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
* Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
* Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
* Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
* Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
* Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
* Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
* Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
* Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
* Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
* Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
* Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
No formal education or training
* Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
* Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. continually throughout a shift.
* Must be able to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout a shift.
* Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a shift.
* Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
* Ability to identify minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer print-outs.
* Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment.
* Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of shift.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : Marriott DTC
Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Min: USD $14.77/Hr.
Max: USD $14.77/Hr.
Address : 4900 S Syracuse St
City : Denver
State : Colorado
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability